Thursday, March 7, 2013

Top Talent Thursday





Welcome back to Our Creative Corner.
It is with utmost pleasure that I present to you this Thursday, a very talented lady who is exceptional in design as well as in the handi-crafts discipline. I do not need to give much introduction as she has provided a wonderful synopsis of her life and it makes for interesting reading and I am sure you will enjoy learning about her as much as I did.
Goodness, I do enjoy having the opportunity to salute these wonderful ladies that I am privileged to present every Thursday.
Please welcome this weeks Top Talent:

Synnove-papirverkstedet

1.) Where do you Live? 
I live in a place called Strømmen just outside Oslo, the capital of Norway. I am interested interior design, so I have another blog were you can visit my home. http://villasunniva.blogspot.no

2.)  What supply wouldn't you do without when it comes to stamping?
I love my distress inks, Tim Holtz - scissors and seam binding ribbons and I am also addicted to beautiful patterned papers and different kind of stamps.

3.)  List three blogs that truly inspire you.
I love to do different styles of card making. I am easily bored if I have to do the same kind of thing for a long time. If I have made something cute I have to make something else next so my bloglist is influenced by that. I often visit these blogs: Tim Holtz, Graphic 45 and LilyBean´s Paperie. There are a lot of fantastic norwegian card makers that i like to visit too.

4.) What techniques or routine do you employ to inspire yourself?
I get inspired by blogs, magazines and patterned papers. I am easily inspired and I like to clean up my workspace before I start a new project.

5.) What other hobbies or talents do you have that you'd like to share with us?
I love the theatre and have been acting, producing and directing plays most of my life. When I was young, I studied to be a photographer so I love to take pictures. I also like interior design. I love to tell a story and express feelings and I think that all my work is influenced by that. Some people tell me that they sometimes can feel the theatre and drama in my paperwork. I also like to teach, so I do a lot of scrapbooking and cardmaking classes.

6.) Are you a day-time or night-time crafter?
I really like to work in my craft room in the late evening, and I am often so engaged in my project that I go to bed much later than I mean to. We have some really nice radio-programs in the evenings, that I love to listen to while I am working.

.
 

Shabby-licious and sumptuous splendour is how I would describe this creation.

Thank you Synnove for being our 'Thursday's Top Talent'  and sharing such wonderful inspiration with us!
You must visit Synnove's Blog she creates beautiful work, her Easter Egg creation HERE is stunning.

If you want the chance to be part of Top Talent Thursday on Our Creative Corner, then just join in our current Challenge- 'Shabby Chic” here, you still have some time to participate.

Smiles:)
Sue


"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


6 comments:

  1. I just spent the first part of my morning visiting your home via the blog and I must say you really are extremely talented in Interior Design and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of your fantastic photographs of your work. Your home is absolutely wonderful and your card work is still another beautiful extension of your creative mind. Gorgeous work ALL around and very inspiring.
    So happy to read about you on this week's Top Talent Thursday.
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really got tears in my eyes when I read your comment.

    Synnøve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project, Synnove! Love all the details. It's so great to know you more through this post. Love your interior design blog. There are so many brilliant ideas. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, and lovely to hear all about Synnove's life and work... off to have a look at the Interior Design work too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning and creative project...and so fun to read about all your interests....I have to run and grab a cup of coffee and then will be "visiting" your blog.. I can hardly wait!! Thanks to the Our Creative Corner for these fab Thursdays, I look forward to them every week and to see all the gorgeous talent is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Synnove on your fabulous showcase today. Your crafting is wonderful and I really liked 'snooping' around your beautiful home! Thanks for sharing it all with us. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx