Saturday, June 1, 2013

Recipe


Welcome back to Our Creative Corner. Jenny here to host you for the month of June. On behalf of the Design Team thank you all so much for the magnificent response to our first challenge 'under new management'. We thoroughly enjoyed getting to see the 720 entries which were varied and so creative. Picking a winner is going to be very hard indeed!

And now to introduce the new theme for this;

 'Recipe'

We hope you will enjoy this theme as much as the last one.

So, how to get involved. You need to choose at least one element from each list below and include them in your project. If you want to add more that's fine, go for it!

List A
List B
List C
Lace
Metal
Inks
Fabric
Wood/MDF
Paints
Ribbon
Clay
Stains

What you do with them is up to you. We'd love to see your tags, altered art, mixed media, journalling, 3D art, ATC's, and cardsIt would really help if you could list the ingredients you've used to make judging your fabulous entries easier.

Bring your creations to Our Creative Corner and you could be our WINNER!
(Please check out the rules at the end of this post to make sure your entry can be accepted).

Challenge Winners

The winner and Top 3 from this challenge will be announced on the 8th July.

The winner will be invited to appear as 'The Top Talent' here at OCC, have a short interview so we can find out all about them and there will be a 'Spotlight' on a new project they have created. This will take place on 22nd August.

We have a page on this blog called 'Winner's Corner'.
The winners name will be featured on this.

For entrants who have won our challenges and been featured as 'Top Talent' three times there will be a very special 'Gold Winner' badge for you to display proudly on your blog - now there's a challenge for you.

Of course, there's only one way to collect your badges and have your name placed in 'Winner's Corner' for all to see - let's see your entries!

Remember, Laura will be back on the 8th June to announce the winner of the 'Anything Goes' challenge, and on 15th June the rest of the Design Team will showcase their creations for this month's challenge. 




So now it's time to see what the first half of the Design Team have been up to.


Totally intrigued by what everyone else was doing with crackle, I wanted to try this on my project. As I was away on holiday, I packed everything I needed from 'the list'; lace, metal, paints, etc. as well as the crackle fluid. Then I decided I wanted to make a shrine. Miles from any craft shops, no time to order on the internet, I had to revert to basic skills and make my own shrine.
Here it is, and if you'd like to find out how I did it pop over to my blog. Hope to see you there!


List A   Lace
List B   Metal (that's the clock face on the wings and the metal hanging chain)
List C   Paints



As host of this challenge I went for the 'use everything' approach to see where it took me. Don't panic - you don't have to do this! Thankfully the generous Tracy Evans had sent me an untreated wooden pot as part of a clear-out competition she held recently. I set about transforming it with all of the ingredients listed in the table above and now have a rather useful and elegant pin cushion/pot. It took me back to my days of upholstering my Nana's dining chairs and making curtains many moons ago.
For some close ups and a brief step by step hop on over to my blog.


List A   Lace, Fabric and Ribbon (seam binding)
List B   Metal (foil tape), Wood, Clay
List C   Ink, Paint, Stain



My starting point for this piece was a beautiful stamp depicting part of a painting by John William Waterhouse. I am a huge Waterhouse fan and had this particular stamp plate on my wish list forever! I chose fabric, clay and paint as my main ingredients.
If you hop over to my blog you'll see all the other ingredients I chose from the list too - I never seem to know when to stop.................................!


List A   Fabric
List B   Clay
List C   Paint



This creation started from finding some 'Baby feet' brads that I bought many years ago and I had forgotten about them. This quote is a favourite of mine and was an obvious choice... The recipe then led the way down the lovely path of neutral colours, gorgeous texture and fun, messy painting........
....... and for once not a flower in sight!!!


List A   Lace
List B   Metal & Wood
List C   Paint & Ink




And now for THE RULES;

1. You may enter this challenge a maximum of THREE TIMES - they must be different creations and posted on your blog separately.

2. If you post any more than three entries they will sadly have to be deleted.

3. NO back-linking. Please do not enter a creation that was published on your blog before the start of our challenge.

4. Please link to your actual post, not just your blog. If you just link to your blog the team will not be able to find your entry and leave any comments.

5. Please include a link to our challenge in your blog post.

6. You may combine our challenge with as many other challenges as you wish.

7. If you want the team to comment on your entry then you have to link to a site that does not require us to sign in/become a member.

This challenge is open until 11.59pm Friday 28th June.

15 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW to the DT's fabulous creations, they are all so beautiful! I feel immensely proud to be part of this team....Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous projects! Will be hopping round for a closer look when I get some quiet time on Sunday!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous projects and another great challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proud to be part of this fab team! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind comments. This is the first time that I have entered and hope I'll be able to enter many more.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful selection of inspiration from the fab design team. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liebes DT, ihr habt wunderbare Werke gearbeitet.
    Liebe Grüße, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing creations from the DT!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't sure I was going to come up with something for this challenge so I'm delighted I did, but gutted I forgot to add my wee metal charm too! Lol
    Who knows, I may come up with a second entry........:0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing creations from an amazingly talented design team. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous designs by the DT and I am so glad to join in the challenge.

    CRafty hugs

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards from the DTeam. I'm happy to join in with this challenge. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous inspiration from the DT. Glad I found your challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx