Friday, July 4, 2014

Nicecrane Designs Spotlight


   Welcome everyone! Thanks so much for being here for the first Sponsor Spotlight in July. This month our sponsor is  -


 Ignacio is giving a prize to a lucky random.org winner this month - He has some gorgeous designs for every style you can think of and I chose these beautiful Maude Goodman pictures....




     I decided to do a triptych style creation but it went a bit over the top in the end! I couldn't leave out of any of the pictures so ended up using nearly all of them!






     I began by painting the frame with Antique Linen Crackle paint mixed with Picket Fence DP to lighten it and make it a bit thinner and easier to paint smoothly. Once the crackle appeared and the paint was dry I dabbed some Walnut Stain DI into the cracks to highlight them.



     I chose the main two pictures and added them to the frame.























The center panel was decorated with a piece of card stamped with Picket Fence DP and when dry it was inked with Antique Linen DI. It was then stamped with Frayed Burlap and Bundled Sage DI.


    I wanted to use the other pictures too but with no more frames left I decided to make my own. Little miniature frames made out of balsa wood. Normally I would always paint the balsa wood with gesso or some other primer because it doesn't like having paint applied! But actually the Crackle paint applied very well. This time I used the Antique Linen Crackle paint undiluted to give a subtle colour shade difference...sadly it doesn't show up on the photos very well, but you might notice it...





























For the embellishments I painted some diecuts with a mix of Old Gold and Chocolate Pudding Fresco Paint



 A  key was painted with Chocolate Pudding Fresco paint and rubbed lightly with Classic Gold Treasure Gold.



The same was done with a wooden button that then became a frame for yet another picture.



     I included a brass pendant with a picture in it too - I was determined to use the majority of the images!



     The last decoration was to be flowers....I had intended the project to be about friendship and of course yellow roses are a traditional symbol of friendship. I had some ivory roses with a tinge of yellow and was going to add them, but they swamped the creation and were too much. I opted instead for some ivory die cut flowers that were edged with Walnut Stain DI and had a bronze brad in the centers.

























The theme of friendship was one I still wanted so I included the words "A lifetime of friendship" using chit chat stickers that were dabbed with Antique Linen DI and edged with Vintage Photo DI






        Hope you like my friendship creation! There will be more creations made with Nicecrane images coming along during the month - make sure you don't miss any!

       You could win some images for yourself to use in our challenge this month. One lucky person will be picked by random.org and receive a Nicecrane prize! So head over to Astrid's Handmade Flowers and Hand Dyed Ribbon challenge and get into a flowery mood!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my, Laura, this is such a brilliant and breathtakingly beautiful piece! You chose the perfect colours and ornaments to go along with those lovely Nicecrane images! I can see the subtle difference of the crackle frames too! And I love every tiny detail you added to your lovely frame! It's wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful multi-tych project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning project

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly beautiful Laura, wow, what a brilliant way to use this gorgeous sheet, really stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful creation, I love the imaginative way you added all the images with so many different frames, including your own! A lovely project celebrating friendship! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly delightful Laura, you have really highlighted the beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful work and the colours are just wonderful! Love this x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took me back into time and I loved the mini vacation... a mystical trip for sure... love it all and the colors are dreamy too... thanks for sharing.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Laura. I just love how you've used those images and the crackle: WOW!!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's lovely - love the little frames over the triptych arches - very cool!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx