Thursday, October 1, 2015

Halloween Horror


Hi everyone! 



Welcome back to a new month here at Our Creative Corner. Laura here, hosting a new 
challenge for you...

We had so many entries for last months 'Shades of Autumn' challenge - Thanks so much to all who took part - Julia will be here in the 4th with her winners post! Don't miss it!

 
Before we go onto the challenge details for October, I just wanted to let
 you know about this months Sponsor.


 

Nicecrane Designs are kindly offering a very generous $20 voucher to spend at the store! 
Definitely a prize worth winning!


And what do we want you to make this month?



 It is Halloween Month....Forget all about the cute cats and smiling pumpkins.... 

We want....



For this Halloween share with us some horror inspired creations that 
are sure to send shivers down our spines. 
 
Bring out your most grotesque stamps and embellishments....
....or perhaps take on the challenge of finding a way to transform pretty stamps into something macabre.
Reach for the grungiest colours and textures....
Come over to the dark side of Halloween

Can you scare us?


**************************************

Let's see what my talented team made to inspire you this month!




A very gaudy pink mirror decoration....made into grungy horror!


********************
 
Lys


No smiling pumpkins?... Well, this candle holder is quite smiling 
but in a strange way, don't you feel?

********************

Trish

I'm not one for dark Halloween imagery and colours, 
so my project this month isn't a 'traditional' horror filled one! 
I rather like my zombie..... can you have a cute zombie?! :)


 ********************


Oh, how I love the macabre!  Throw in a little dark humor, too, 
and you've got my art journal page to darkly celebrate the season of horror.  

 ********************

Kerstin


My idea was to make a little wooden frame with humor. 
She says, I will call you -  yes, my one and only love - I will wait.
and he waits, and waits and ..... and if he is not dead, he is still waiting today ;-)
that's horror , or ???

 ********************


Candice

I used my scary craft to turn a regular notebook into a scary ol' "book of potion" 
where the recipes of all kinds of spooky concoctions remain hidden
 until you can cast a spell to unlock its scary secrets!


 ********************


Jan


OPEN THE DOOR......if you dare!



 ********************

Ana
 



Perfect challenge to use Mini Halloween stamp set …
I made two little cards, with spooky skull and spiders…scary, isn’t it?
 
 ********************

  Jennie


When you live in an old Scottish Manse (as I do) this is
about as spooky as I go! Mind you I would not want to meet
 this chappie (or the spider ….) on the stairs here in the
middle of the night!

 ********************

 Julia


I needed no encouragement to join Laura on the dark side! 
Look past those skulls and see that face in the background
. . . . . . . scared yet?  
(apologies if it's too dark for some)

 ********************


WOW!!! amazing creations! I am sure you can find some 'Horror' Inspiration here!

Come and join in this month and you could be our randomly drawn prize winner

You could be our Winner of the challenge and be invited to join us as our Top Talent!

You could be one of our Top 3!

So many reasons to join in some spooky fun!

 Don't miss it!

 Challenge is open until October 28th at 11.55pm

Good Luck and Happy Crafting!

Laura
xxx

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration from my team mates! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my..... dear me.... SCARY stuff here from the DT!!! Is it wonderful inspiration or am I scared stiff???? Heheheheh!!! Happy OCTOBER to all! j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dark side of Halloween... we enter a frightening October... Let's see what's coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! I almost couldn't bear to look at all of the horror inspired projects!! I had my hands up in front of my eyes and peeked through my fingers at all of the scary creations!! :) :) LOL!! Ladies--you've all outdone yourselves again!! I can't wait to come by all of your blogs and see the details!! Happy Horrorful October!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so cool. But Julia's with the hidden face is fantastic. It took me a little bit to see it but it's there! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely "Horror-ble" creations ladies. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree for previous posts :D really well done. I am sharing card No.3 ... horror for my little son :DD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, MY gosh!!!! I can't wait to visit each one of the Design Team's blogs to see what you have made close up! I love what I'm seeing here and what a FUN challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...super creepy DT samples. Thanks for the "Halloween" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creations from the team. Love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! I'm late commenting and seeing, but I so enjoy looking at the fabulous projects everyone has made, such a stunning 'horrific' collection, fabulous!!!!
    Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOH, be still my heart! Such HORRORIFIC makes, ladies! Love them all! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun challenge and I'm just entering for fun too ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just had to enter a second time because I knew I could really do Horror. Skated in just under the wire! Thanks for an awesome challenge theme, I hope I wasn't too grotesque but am happy if I was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry my link up #47 did not work, so I re-entered the same project #54. Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  16. Geez, ladies, I really screwed up! I've removed my 4th entry to make sure I've followed the rules. Sorry for any confusion. Even sorrier I couldn't submit my mustache ghost!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx