Tuesday, November 17, 2015

DecoArt Sponsor Spotlight #2

and our Sponsor this month is

 
  Today I want to share with you a project I made using some wonderful Decoart Products and show you how they helped me achieve some easy distress effects.

This is easy and quick to make...
Perhaps a gift idea - because Christmas is knocking on the door!




Here are the materials:


First I used Decoart Chalky finish paint Timeless for the centre of the old wooden plaque. On the edges I used Decoart Chalky finish paint Enchanted.
They are beautiful colours. I love the matte chalk feeling, perfect for an old distressed vintage look



After a short drying time, I used Decoart Crackle glaze as topcoat. This crackles as it dries to create an eggshell crackling pattern in just one simple step.



I used a laser copy image and I covered the image with the matte medium.
I then turned it face down onto the wooden plaque - it is like you are hiding the image by gluing it down. Burnish it to make sure it sticks.
Once the medium is dry you wet the image with water and rub away the paper by carefully rolling it with the tip of your fingers.  When all the paper is removed and the black print stays on the page, then you have done everything right


I created the age spots with Walnut Stain Distress ink mixed with a little bit
of water in a spray bottle or with pipette



To finish I used Decoart Soft touch varnish. It's fast drying and you will have a lovely soft surface.


*******************************************


This month a very lucky randomly selected winner will receive such an amazing prize! 
A Decoart Media Sampler Kit
  
...and Andy Skinner has very kindly said he will add in some of his stencils as well! 
 WOW!!! what a wonderful prize!


You have until the 28th November to get your entries in (you can enter up to 3 times!) You could win this gorgeous prize..or be our Top Talent or Top 3! 




Happy crafting!
Kerstin



3 comments:

  1. A very beautiful wall hanging and lovely gift idea indeed!... Thanks for the step by step Kerstin
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great step out Kerstin!
    I love the idea of a tea room hanging- need to make one myself!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Coco and Jackie! Have a nice creative weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx